Timeline of events in the History of Bury Town Football Club
1872 - Bury St Edmunds Football Club founded by William Lake at the Suffolk Hotel.
1877 - Reginald De Courtney Welch, former FA Cup winner and England international plays for the club.
1885 - Commitee vote to change the name to Bury Town Football Club.
1885 - Founder Member of the Suffolk County Football Association along with 10 other clubs.
1888 - Club moves into the Kings Road ground, also know by supporters as the Cemetery Road ground.
1895 - Name of the club is reverted back to Bury St Edmunds Football Club.
1908 - Club renamed Bury United FC to reflect the clubs position in the Town.
1923 - Club members decide that the club is no longer a 'United club' and revert back to Bury Town FC.
1935 - Founder members of the Eastern Counties Football League.
1938 - Runners Up in the Eastern Counties League behind Lowestoft Town.
1949 - Record attendance at Kings Road of 4,343 as Cambridge Town visit for an FA Cup match.
1953 - First club in the whole of East Anglia to install floodlights when Cambridge City are the visitors for the first floodlit match.
1964 - Eastern Counties League champions, Eastern Counties League Cup and Suffolk Premier Cup winners.
1964 - Club join Metropolitan League and defeat Charlton Athletic 'A' 1-0 in their first ever game.
1966 - Metropolitan League champions, Metropolitan League Cup and Suffolk Premier Cup winners.
1968 - Bury Town reach FA Cup First Round and draw with Bournemouth before losing the replay 3-0 at Dean Court.
1986 - Record attendance at Ram Meadow of 2,500 when Enfield visit for an FA Cup game.
To Be Continued...